Friday, March 27, 2009

Randy Moller...Comedy Gold

Okay so this is going to be short post, but with good reason. I wish I could say I stumbled upon this but I’m basically pilfering this from my friends at the Kevin and Bean Show. For those of you from out of the area, The Kevin and Bean Show is the morning show on our local modern rock station (KROQ). They’re been at it since I was in Jr. High and I used to listen to it waaaay back in the day but I had fallen off the listening wagon awhile back. However, I started podcasting the show about six weeks ago and have come across a good many odd tidbits here and there. As someone who’s #1 strength is Input (someone who stores away information for later use) this has been good from me. Don’t even get me started on Deathbed: The Bed That Eats People…but that’s for another day…

Anyway, a few weeks ago they brought up the play by play guy for the NHL’s Florida Panthers. He’s a guy by the name of Randy Moller and his trademark is seemingly random quotes, mostly from movies, music and TV shows, that he yells out after the Panthers score a goal and…it’s just fantastic, really. This is what would happen if I ever got a job like this. You know, I would find things to completely entertain me and if everyone else fallowed suit, then great. Mind you, I had a show called “British Blocks with Your Bloke Josh” which ran on this premise. Now since this is something you just have to experience, here are a few video clip montages of his work so enjoy:




No comments:

Post a Comment