Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Stewie, the Cat Who Loves to be Anti-Social

So in my general update blog post from a bit ago, I mentioned things with my cats. Oh and wait, this post is about one of my cats…you have been warned. Anyway, my grey tabby Stewie has, for lack of a better phrase, not adjusted well to the new place. Scratch that, he’s adapted remarkably well to my bedroom and bathroom and that’s about it. I really thought that after over a month he would be fine, but this is not yet the case. By contrast, my black cat Rupert goes anywhere he pleases (even getting into the backyard twice in the past few days), doesn’t mind the two new cats at all and is basically running the joint. Stewie has been perfectly fine with sitting in a cold dark room at night because he doesn’t want to deal with the other cats and this has to stop.

With all this said we decided last night to move Stewie and Rupert’s food and water bowls out into the family room so that Stewie would be forced to come out into the common area. He didn’t seem too happy about things if I can go off of his reaction while I tried sleeping as he was extra meow-y and was running around a bit. *meh* He’ll get over it but I felt if I didn’t do something about it he would never change and I think he’ll be MUCH better once he can trot around the place in freedom and triple the number of play mates. We’ll see…I’ll let you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment