Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Bits and Pieces

Okay well since I’m not in the best blogging mood but wanted to get something out, here is a synopsis of a few things I’ve done/needed to do recently:

Two weeks ago I went to a wedding with my friend Susie for a good friend of mine I’ve known since Jr. High. It was a beautiful outdoor ceremony in perfect weather so you couldn’t ask for much more. The reception was awesome as we went though like nine courses of food over the course (no pun intended) of 4+ hours. So it was a good time fun, both of us seemed to enjoy the festivities and I’m glad I was able to make it.

I did move…but that’s for another blog once I’m finished getting settled in and can take some pictures of the settled place. I’m almost done but still have to arrange my books and CDs, which is quite the task. But more on this in a week or so.

I need to do my taxes. Aunt Pat, the forms are coming…soon…promise.

The cats are still somewhat freaked out about the move. Rupert will, when I’m home, walk around the house and largely holds his own when the two new cats (Fuzz and Nefi) are around. Other times he just freaks out and does some daft thing like throw up. I can’t really get Stewie out of my room although the other day Fuzz (a 5 month old male) was just a couple feet away and he didn’t mind…at least initially but it’s better than immediately hissing and making un-godly noises from the bowls of his stomach like he has been. My roommate Christina and I pulled him into the family room last night, much to his chagrin, but we decided that if we didn’t force him to get used to the place he would be content to just stay in my room indefinitely when there is a world of wonder just outside the doorway. We’ll see how it goes…

I just started a four week course through Mosaic called Strengths Finders which is a program from the good folks at Gallup that identifies your top strengths and how you can cultivate those into growth in your life from professional to personal. This is taking the place of my regular Thursday night small group and most of the small group members are attending so it’s been good.

Lastly, I went on a date on Sunday which I thought went really really well but I’m historically not the best judge of these things. Remember I’m the guy who went on a five hour long date last year with someone, thought it went well and she let me know she didn’t think we were a match. Ummmmmm…so why did you hang out with me for over five hours? Dating is too confusing and don’t get me started with all the rules and mumbo-jumbo that I stumble through. I take the view that anyone who’s going to truly get to know me and see the value there will get past my awkwardness and that things will work despite my best efforts of getting in my own way. One can hope ; )

Anyway, that’s about all I have. Until we meet again…

2 comments:

  1. Have you tried giving your cats massages? It's supposed to help calm them down.. I'm sure you could find more info online. After all, everyone - cats AND people - need good coping skills in order to make fresh starts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I typed a really long comment and then couldn't read the silly verifier and Google deleted it. It was really good. Trust me!

    ReplyDelete