Friday, June 26, 2009

A String of Dreams

This might sound random but I've stumbled upon a weird stretch of time in my nocturnal life recently. Actually this all began two weeks ago today and to be specific the first night I was in Napa. I do need to give a little background first...I don't know about you but for most of my adult life I've been one of those people who remember their nightly dreams maybe a half dozen times per month. I have no clue if that's normal or not but what I've become used to.

Anyway this brings me to two weeks ago, during my first night in Napa, and I remembered a night of dreams. No big deal. It happens. Then it happens the next night. And the next. And the next. And you get the idea. I've now had almost two straight weeks where I've remembered my dreams and I don't know entirely what to make of it. My co-worker, Mila, thinks this has to do with me becoming more aligned with God's walk in the last six months. That because internally and externally I've become more attune to what God wants of me, so whatever used to make it so that I would only intermittently remember my dreams may have become dislodged. I don't know but I do know I haven't changed any physical things as I'm still eating as normal, sleeping my regular schedule, getting regular exercise and the lot.

Now having said that, I haven't been experiencing any real profound dreams during this stretch and the fact that I spent Wednesday night hanging out with several of the top NBA draft prospects can attest to this. Maybe this could be a precursor to something else down the way, which is a general frame of mind I've taken to in the past year or so. That what God is doing with us today is in direct preparation for tomorrow even if we don't see it right now. I know I’ve seen that happen with me very recently and I suppose I’ll just patiently wait to see where this will lead.

No comments:

Post a Comment