Wednesday, September 23, 2009

The New Digs

So in my camp blog, I mentioned the bedroom overhaul I encountered while away on the mountain for a week. The only real purpose of this is to share the aftermath although I should have had the foresight to have shown the beforemath but I didn’t think of snapping a few shots before I went away so oh well. In its stead just imagine worn down cream/bone colored carpet with dingy plain white walls with a lovely trim featuring pink ribbons. It was very manly ; ) Anyway, here are my new digs and I have to say it’s the best, and most “me”, room I think I’ve ever had to call my own.

Before anything else, here was the room as I came back from camp before I moved anything in:





I chose the color scheme with the three brown (I think it was called “Poplar Island” or some such) walls and the one blue (*hmmmmm* I can’t quite recall the name of that one. Let’s call it “Hipster Blue” How about that?) wall to provide a contrast. I think the blend worked well and I’ve garnered a few compliments on that…so yay, Josh. Anyway, here’s what the room looks like now:










Artwork wise I wanted to have a musical theme (I know, surprise surprise) so I went out and selected some prints I thought would either compliment the scheme or ones I just plain liked. Here’s what I found:

A Flaming Lips poster with artwork done by front man Wayne Coyne:



A mid-60’s shot of the Beach Boys inexplicably holding planks of wood in lieu of a surf board.



The Beatles walking on the side of the street where Paul obviously didn’t get the memo to wear the black suit.



A re-print of a Bob Dylan show from the 60’s.



Lastly, an original (it’s individually numbered, so I’m guessing) show poster promoting a Bright Eyes show.



Anyway, so that’s about it. I know I put these photos up on my Facebook page but I wanted to get something on my regular blog for the non-Facebook people in my life so there you go.

No comments:

Post a Comment