Monday, April 20, 2009

Office Moments

So I had a weird “Office” (as in the TV show) moment a few weeks ago that I thought I would share with you, as it’s been far too long since I’ve posted or so it seems. Anyway, for any of you unfamiliar with the show, they will exaggerate aspects of office work environment sometimes to the point of absurdity to draw larger points and I think that’s where this story goes so here goes.

One of the directors was let go close to a month ago and the three of us who work full-time in the library area where talking about the situation in my office as it seemed somewhat out of the blue. I was then asked, “Wait what was his title” as if I would just give a quick answer and instead I paused and slowly turned to the phone list (which has not just extensions but also job titles) to try to find him on there and before I could even find his name, the ridiculousness of the situation was pointed out to me. We’re somewhat lamenting the loss of this guy and none of us even knew his job title. I think that was probably indicative.

Anyway, I just thought I would share as it’s come up a few times here followed with a few good chuckles so there you go.

No comments:

Post a Comment