Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Josh is Going to Scotland, btw...eventually.

So something came to my attention this past Sunday. I’m not the best in letting everybody know about future goings-on in my life. I got a call from my sister who, very understandably, asked “So are you going Scotland?” and after figuring out that the conversation I thought I had with her about the trip, took place in my head, we discussed. Ever since that conversation I’ve had it in my head to actually post about this impending trip, so here you go…

Hey everybody! Guess what? I’m going to Scotland!!! Well eventually anyway, depending on how all things volcanic play it’s going to happen, but I’m not sure when. I’m currently in a holding pattern right now, but I do have a ticket for a flight leaving for London midday Friday (April 23rd) from LAX. The only problem is that there still might be ash playing havoc for another few days, provided aekfgwrwr or whatever it’s called is going to cough anymore. If not, I’ll reschedule with everyone involved (work, friends, airlines, and the lot) and come up with a good plan B. It might only delay the trip by a week or two but I still want to make it out at the end of this week considering I totally could use the vacation but it’s really out of my control so I just need to be flexible. Yes…me.

Anyway, I’ll update when I can but be certain that I’ll have a post or two once back on my trip as I’m wont to do. I’ll also take a gaggle (that’s a lot, right?) of pictures and create a 5,827 part photo album on my FB page. It should be fun. As for plans, I’ll be taking a couple road trips with a few friends going to the University of Edinburgh, playing Skittles, hiking, seeing castles and lakes, ridding Nessie (just seeing if you’re paying attention), going to the Beltane festival (if I get out when I’m supposed to), and we’ll see…I think the call of the day is flexibility. It’s something I need to learn anyway so this is good practice. Wish me luck, say a prayer, and I’ll see/talk/IM/write you soon…

No comments:

Post a Comment